Friday, September 30, 2011

For my thoughts are not your thoughts....

I am nervous, excited and scared!!  When I asked if we could host Lidiya again, I was then asked, "She has 2 brothers, do you want them, also?"  "Whaaaaaat!?!"  That was the last thing I expected to be asked!!!  Quick...do the math...$2950 times three!!  Well, I can't multiply that number that fast so let's round up...$3,000 times three = $9,000!!  Plus about $1,000 in additional fees and costs associated with having them here.  YIKES!!!  I did all that compilation in about 30 seconds and quickly realized there is no way we could do it.  Of course I said, "Let us pray about it, I'll talk to Danny and then we'll decide".  But I just knew the answer was "no".  We could never afford that, so we would have to raise every dollar and who in the world can raise $10,000 in 2 months?

Well....over the next week or two, we tossed the idea around but reality says we can't do it.  So, we decided that we are just going to host Lidiya.  Then, if the Lord prompted us to adopt, we would.  Ummmm...we can't adopt either!!!!  Helloooo!?!  That costs about $40,000!  But Danny kept saying, "We just have to rely on God.  We can't put him in a box".  Ugh...I know that but we also have to use our brain to realize we can't afford to adopt three kids.  So then it hit me........if we have to rely on God and we can't put him in a box (regarding adoption).....why can't we 'host' three kids for Christmas?  I asked Danny, "What is the reason we aren't hosting all three?  Is it because we can't afford it?"  "Yep...that's it".  "Well....then, let's host all three and let God handle the money!"  Oh crap....did I just say that?  Out loud?  Yep....I sure did.  Sooooo....here we are...planning on hosting all three kids for Christmas.  New Horizon's For Children has to get permission from the director of the orphanage to host all three but they were the ones that asked if we wanted to....so it shouldn't be a problem.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.  Isaiah 55:9

So, here goes my first attempt at fundraising.  This one is HUGE because we need HUGE money.  So, will you please help?  We do not have a lot of time....three precious lives are counting on this.

Drumroll please.........................

drumroll again...........................

one more time..........................

We are raffling off an iPad!!!  For a $25 donation, you will be entered into the drawing once, for $100 donation, you will be entered into the drawing 5 times and for a $300 donation, you will be entered into the drawing 20 times.  Anyone can donate........even if you live in another state.  We will just purchase the iPad and have you pick it up locally.  I'm not quite sure yet exactly which iPad we will be raffling off but more than likely it will be the 16gb wifi model.

Our goal is to sell a minimum of 100 tickets.  If we get enough donations for 100 tickets, then that will be $2,000 towards our $10,000 goal.  If we sell 500 tickets, we will be able to bring all three kids here for Christmas.  Here is how you can help:

  1. Pray.  Pray for God's Will, our patience and for the money to be raised to bring these kids here.
  2. Donate.  Every bit helps.  You don't have to donate $25, if you don't have it.  
  3. Share.  Post our blog on your Facebook.  Email your friends.  Please.  Yes...I am begging.  :)
In as much as you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto ME.  Matthew 25:40.

Family photo taken by Kim Sharp while Lidiya was here this summer

Lidiya and her younger brother, Andre

Lidiya and her older brother, Vlad



No comments:

Post a Comment