Wednesday, June 01, 2011

April's Mission Trip for the Orphans - Part 2

I am so excited to embark on an adventure that the Lord has been placing on my heart but holy crap, I am scared, too! I've been in another country before but with the protection of the US Army behind me. I wasn't in war (Thank the Lord) and I felt "safe" within the confines of our compound. And besides, S. Korea is a pretty safe country. At least it was 17 years ago when I was there.  I would have felt safe walking the streets by myself at 2am. 

I will be going to Eastern Europe with New Horizon's for Children to interview Orphans for the Winter 2011 Hosting. 

I don't know a whole lot about Eastern Europe but little do they know, I am really relying heavily on some friends right now! I guess they know now (if they are reading this)! :) I have a friend there right now adopting her son and she is truly there by herself!! Her husband left there last Saturday to come home! Yikes! Then, I have another friend leaving in a week and a half to go with her hubby and newborn baby to adopt twin girls. So, I am hoping that they can give me insight into what to expect...I don't like the "unknown".   If someone were to ask me what I am most afraid of....that's what I would respond with...the unknown.

But God isn't looking for me to be comfortable, I know that. Lord knows, these Orphans surely aren't "comfortable". The least I can do is come out of my comfort zone, fly across the world, eat who knows what, stay who knows where, see people taking their cows for a walk on a leash, possibly have the water to our apartment turned off at night, to go into a public restroom to find there is no toilet paper and that there wasn't meant to be any and whatever interesting and crazy things I might encounter while there! I am going to do this for the Glory of God and I pray that the Lord will bless these children. I pray that I might be the Jesus they meet! But I just know that I am probably going to be more blessed than they ever could be!

Please consider contributing because without your help, I may not have a chance to go. I am in need of $800 to fund my portion of this trip. I know the Lord will provide if this truly is indeed his will for me. I can't help but think it is though, according to James 1:27. "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Oh and Lydia will be here at the end of June for 5 weeks!  Please continue to pray for her...we are excited to finally meet her and love on her!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I found your blog through networked blogs. I'm looking for patriotic pictures of adopted kiddos (with or without siblings) to post on www.wearegraftedin.com for the 4th of July. If you have any you wouldn't mind emailing me to use, please do! We'd love to have your kiddos included!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete