Friday, August 05, 2011

Our new normal?!?

God sure does know how to stretch us just when we feel that we were stretched to our capacity.  That is the perfect way to put it - thanks to a friend for the analogy.  Not to mention, my heart is just starting to mend over Lidiya leaving on Monday.  I hadn't even washed her sheets yet!

We were starting to get back into our "normal".  Coby started football practice on Monday, he started school on Wednesday, I've been making his lunch every night, getting his bags packed in the morning, driving to school, picking him up and cleaning houses during the day.  Our normal.  My normal.  But God has a different normal for us.  At least a different temporary normal.  I'm starting to realize - it isn't all about me.  Gee - how long did it take for me to figure that one out?  Haha!

While I was working today, I received a phone call from a dear friend.  She said that she has a friend in who is the director of another hosting organization who has an 8 year old in need of a family for the next 9 days.  He is here with his 2 siblings but they are not getting along at all and he is not a good fit for this family.  So, they need to separate him.  She asked if we would be willing to take him.  Of course we would!

So, the director of that hosting organization brought him by around 4:00 this afternoon.  I spoke with her briefly and she said that he has 8 siblings all together in the orphanage and three of them are here on this hosting....a 9 year old brother and an 11 year old sister.  She said that the family was having a real rough time with him but she wasn't sure exactly what the issue was.  She said that it seemed as though he did not have a structured environment, did not have proper guidance and was overstimulated (mostly with electronics). We are definitely not the shining example of a structured environment, guidance and less stimulation (we only have 3 TVs, a portable TV, a PSP, Nintendo DS, PS2 and a Wii...wow just typing that out puts a knot in my stomach)!  But the Lord has entrusted us with this little boy and we are sure going to try our best to provide him some structure, guidance and most of all....love.

He has been here now for 4 hours and so far, all is good.  That doesn't necessarily mean anything because I am sure he is feeling things out.  However, I know the Lord will give me the strength to handle whatever comes up.  He does not speak much English, at all and is very, very slow at reading Google Translate.  So, this will be an interesting 9 days....probably a lot of charades!  Him and Coby are playing really good right now though....I think he is wearing Coby out!  He is a ball of energy!

He does have a cold and is very congested, so the other family took him to the doctor and they gave him amoxicillin.  Yikes!  Not the choice I would have made.  I have been blowing his nose for him and so much gunk is coming out.  Poor little guy.

Well...I had some time to write but now I need to get going.  Again - thanks for listening!  I am humbled to say the least.

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.







No comments:

Post a Comment