Monday, November 21, 2011

We just don't deserve it!!

I am being completely honest when I say that I do not feel worthy of what we are receiving right now.  The Lord is blessing us immensely regarding the hosting and potential adoption of three Ukrainian Teenage Orphans.  The only possible explanation is that He is doing His will and we just happen to be the vessel in which He is doing so. 

I am reminded each Sunday, as Pastor Davey is teaching through the book of Esther, that God accomplished His will through Haman, Mordecai, King Xerxes and Esther.  None of them were really worthy of being used as a vessel to accomplish His will (especially Haman) but He still chose to use them.  Now, I'd like to think God isn't using me like He used Haman but I definitely don't feel worthy enough to be used like He used Esther.

I am so unbelievably humbled right now - I am just in a state of awe and I am thinking that I will wake up any minute now.  I feel blessed and honored to even be used to bring in three orphans.  I have no clue whatsoever what I am going to do with 4 pre-teens and teens hanging out at my house.  Someone just asked me tonight, "Do you feel capable....?"  I just chuckled and say "nope" and she said, "No, I'm serious" and I just responded by saying, "So am I"!!  LOL  That's how I feel.....completely incapable.  BUT...isn't that just when He wants to use us???  When WE are incapable HE gets all the Glory!!

So there are two huge things I wanted to share with everyone.  The first one is just "one of" the biggest praises regarding bringing the children here for Christmas.  We had our Silent Auction Saturday Night and I was once again completely humbled by everyone that showed up.  I know I practically begged people to come but I still didn't expect the turnout that we had!!  I believe we had over 130 people come.....so thank you so much to everyone that supported us by donating a basket, donating money, bringing food, bidding on baskets, helping to set up and tear down, donating time, etc, etc.  The Lord was so good to us and blessed us with $4841!!!!!  Wow!!!!  I can't even put into words...............well, that's just it, I can't even put into words what I want to say!!!  Thank you!!!  We now have all of the money that we need to host all three children for Christmas.  We still have some added expenses of having the children here....connecting flight fees, Christmas, food (after how Lidiya ate this summer, I expect my grocery bill to double with 3 more mouths to feed), clothing, etc.  However, we still have one more fundraiser and I am hoping that we will have enough to also start our home study, if the Lord opens the door to adoption.

The second thing I wanted to share was this amazing article that was written up in the Fuquay Independent (on the Front Page!!) and the Apex Herald and is scheduled to be in the Holly Springs Sun.  If you are anything like me and you cry when the wind blows the wrong way, I should warn you to go ahead and break out your Kleenex Box.  I know the story, actually, I was the one who told the reporter the story and I still cried when I read it!!!  Again, as much as I wanted the article to show up on the front page, I really just did not expect it to and the fact that it did just completely humbles me.  I am not saying that lightly.....over the past 4 weeks, I have been so overwhelmed by all of the great things that are happening that I truly mean it when I say it humbles me!!!

Here is a picture of what the article looks like on the cover of the Fuquay paper


No comments:

Post a Comment