Sunday, December 30, 2012

They are God's children...not mine

I received a nasty comment on one of my blogs posts a while back because I used the words "my children" when referring to Lilya and Alex and our journey to adopt them.  This lady went on to tell me that they are not my children until I adopt them and if I even begin to think they are, then I shouldn't be adopting.  Well.....I can now say:  THEY ARE MY CHILDREN!!!  Neener, neener, neener!  There.....that felt good!!!!

But in all reality, they aren't my children.  They are God's children and he is just entrusting me to take care of them.  Isn't that really the truth surrounding all of our children....bio, step, adopted, etc?   

The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.  Psalm 24:1

I sit and ponder that.  He, the Lord of the Universe, is entrusting ME to take care of these precious children!  Wow!  I blow it every day.  I don't have the patience.  I don't give enough grace.  I probably say "no" more than I say "yes".  However, He gives me the grace I need and the tools I need in order to do the job that is set forth for me.  I know He does not expect me to be perfect but He does expect me to obey His Word and even then, I blow that, too.

However, He gave me the greatest "tool" ever when he gave me Danny 14 years ago.  My husband is my rock.  He knows what to say to me, when to say it to me and most importantly how to say it to me.  For those wives and moms reading this - isn't that important?  Most times, it is not what you say but how you say it that matters.  Danny claims that the Lord gives Him what he needs to support me and I just know that is oh so true!!!  I am not easy to love.at.all.  Yet, he loves me unconditionally, without reservation, when I am being ugly and stubborn.  He loves me.

Thank you Lord Jesus for allowing me to take care of these children.  Thank you for the blessing of my biological son that you have given to me.  Thank you for the incredible blessing that you gave me in Danny.  I am blessed.  Beyond what words can even begin to describe.  I am sitting in a flat almost 8,000 kilometers away from the rest of my family, I missed Christmas with them and I will miss New Years; however, I can still say that I am blessed.  My biological son has been such a trooper through all of this!  We did not allow him to bring video games on the trip and he was here for three weeks (I know...cruel, right?).  Guess what?  He complained not one time.  He tried many new and interesting foods.  Even if something did not look good, he at least tried it.  He was bored many times just sitting and waiting.  He read a book. He was without his mom for the first time in his life at Christmastime and he stayed strong.  Oh and let me tell you, he is a mama's boy!  He did not get to open any gifts on Christmas Morning.  He. Complained. Not. Once.

So, Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing ME to have a wonderful, kind, loving son who has a big heart.  Thank you for allowing ME to take care of two more precious children and give them something they would otherwise not have.  And thank you especially for the true priceless treasure that you have given to me in Danny!!!


My Treasures





2 comments:

  1. It's amazing that people can say such horrible things like that on your own blog.....very sad for her. She obviously doesn't get it!
    I haven't said it to you yet....but I am so proud of what you are doing! I think you and Danny are amazing!

    ReplyDelete