Saturday, July 02, 2011

The BIGGEST News so far!!

I was going through Lidiya's backpack and taking out the clothes that she had in there so that I could wash them.  I am such a bad host mom because it has taken me all this time to go through her backpack.  We were told to go through it right away in case they have medication in it.  Oops!

Anyhow, I found this in her backpack:


Hmmmm....I wonder what this is?  So, I showed it to her and asked her.  She tried to do hand motions to explain but that just wasn't working.  So, I handed her my phone and she typed in "Христос воскрес"  And you know what that translates to?  Well....let me tell you!  It translates as "Christ is Risen"!  Of all the things that she could have thrown in her backpack before she came, she chose to throw that in!!!!  So, then I showed her in a Russian Dictionary a list of religions and asked her which one she was and she pointed to Christian!  Not Catholic.  Christian!!  Yeah!!!  Now, I just need to foster that and make sure she knows exactly what it means to be a Child of God!!!

I am so excited about this!  This by far was the most special happening thus far.  Although, her calling me "mom" was pretty cool, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment