Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where will God lead me?

So, I have this precious 13 year old girl in my own for 3 more weeks.  Then, 3 weeks after that, I head to the Ukraine for 3 weeks.  I do not know where I will be sleeping, I do not know what I will be eating (I may lose some of the weight I put back on since losing almost 30 pounds a couple of years ago), I do not not know exactly what I will be doing, I do not know if we will be going into Lidiya's Orphanage, I really just do not know.  But God knows.  So, I will follow His lead and just go.  One thing I did find out (and this isn't even set in stone) is that we will be leaving on approx. Aug 22 and returning on approx. Sept 14.  I have had some interesting birthday's in my life but this will probably end up at the top of the list.


  • I turned 18 in basic training (yes, for those that do not know - I was in the Army)
  • I turned 19 on a field mission, in the Army, in Korea
  • I turned 20 on a field mission, in the Army, at Ft. Bragg
  • I turned 21 and had my first birthday as an adult with no interesting experiences. 
  • I turned 22 just 2 weeks after I met Danny
  • I turned 26 recovering from having Coby just 5 days earlier
  • I will turn 36 years old in either Ukraine or Latvia, sharing my life with a bunch of orphans!!!
Coby's 10th birthday is Sept 2nd and I will be in Ukraine or Latvia for his birthday, as well.  I am pretty certain, his 10th birthday will be at the bottom of the list for him.  He is a mama's boy and it is going to be 
t-o-u-g-h for him while I am gone.  So, please be in prayer for my family while I am gone for a long 3 weeks.  


On another note, I am still in need of $525 in order to make the trip.  Since we are leaving the 3rd week of August, I need to get the money into New Horizon's For Children by the beginning of August.  That leaves me  only 3 short weeks to raise $525.  I am not good at this, I do not like asking for money but as I get down to the wire, I realize that if I do not ask, I do not go.  Will you please consider helping me?  If just 21 of you helped me by giving $25, I would have all the money I need.  If 10 and a half of you (LOL) helped me by giving $50, I would have all the money I need.  Every bit helps.  And if I get more than $525, we will use that money towards hosting Lidiya again for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I didn't know we will be celebrating your birthday in Ukraine!! We will definitely make it one to remember! :D

    ReplyDelete