Thursday, December 29, 2011

Adopting Ukraine Orphans: God's Plan

This is going to be a long post, I just have a feeling.  But, it is going to be so worth it because I am going to share with you something very special that has happened to us recently.  Not that we are anything special but what the Lord has done is!  If you will take a few minutes and read this, you will be completely amazed.  I only say that because 2 months later, I am still amazed.  I am in awe of what He has done for us....something we most definitely do not deserve.

For those that follow my blog, you know that we hosted a girl from the Ukraine this summer and are now on a journey to adopt her and her 2 brothers.  When presented with hosting all three this Christmas, our first reaction was "no way, we can't afford it".  However, we came to the conclusion that if it was the Lord's will for us to host all three, He would provide.


And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19.  

And that He did....He provided the finances for us to host all three.  However, it apparently wasn't in His will because the Ukrainian Government in the Kherson Region shut down all hosting programs.  I say all that because when it came time to consider adoption, we realized that if it is His will for us to adopt all three, He would need to provide once again.  Not only will He need to provide the $40,000 it will take to adopt all three but He would have to provide a means for us to raise three extra children.  Our monthly budget will increase significantly with three more teenagers in the house.  We really make it week to week, so the thought of that was incomprehensible.  When Danny said, "If he wants us to adopt, he will make a way", I really just shrugged the thought off because he would have had to provide in a huge way.

Well, to back up just a bit....up until I went on my mission trip, we didn't even think the kids were eligible for adoption!  I found out while I was there.  I got home from my trip on September 15th and it was around that time that we really started talking about adoption.  So, keep that date in mind...it will be significant later in my story.

For those that don't know, my husband is a General Contractor and owned a company with one of his friends.  He has done a lot of additions and has used many subcontractors for things like electrical, plumbing and roofing.  He had gotten to know all of his contractors well over the years, especially his roofing contractor, Don Scro, because they have a friend in common...Jesus Christ.  Well....in early November, Don called Danny and told Danny that he was going to be retiring.  Danny was really bummed because he was going to be losing one of his favorite contractors.  Then Don told Danny, "But, I want you to take over my company".  Danny could not believe his ears.  Don said that the Lord told him that Danny was supposed to be the one to take over the company.  Wow!  The Lord is going to trust Danny and I to run this company?  This company that has been in Raleigh for 22 years???  He is entrusting US?  I definitely am in shock, in awe and completely amazed!!  So, in my recent posts where I mention that this is a "God given company", I truly mean it is a "God given company".  It is not a company passed down from our family.  It is not a company that we "bought".  It is not a company that we started from the ground up.  It truly is a company that the Lord is entrusting us with!

So, remember I told you to remember the date....September 15th?  Well, Don and Mary (his wife) told us that on September 15th, they were driving in Colorado, talking about what to do with the company when Don mentioned, "I should call Danny".  Yes...the same day I came home from the Ukraine, after seeing Lidiya and meeting her brothers.  At the same time that we were praying about the Lord providing so that we could adopt, they were praying about what to do with their company.  Coincidence?  I say that there is no such thing.

Want to hear something even better???  Danny has been speaking truth into his non-believing business partner for years...........yes.........y-e-a-r-s!!!  He has shared the gospel, shared what Jesus means to him and just lived his life in front of him for years.  And for years this man has not been interested in giving up his life for Christ.  He has had a lot of questions but has not felt that he needed the Lord at all.  Well, after this entire thing takes place, Danny realizes that he has to tell his business partner.  So, he calls him up and shares the story.  His business partner was so in awe that God would allow us to take over this company, so shocked and surprised, that he finally laid down his life for Christ!!!  It took him a few days to process everything but he couldn't believe it!

That is the most amazing part of the this entire story.  I am so amazed at how the Lord was orchestrating this entire thing....he weaved all of these pieces together to fit into His perfect plan.  His plan.  Not ours.  His will. His children.  His followers.  We will continue to walk and allow the Lord to direct our steps.


919-461-0937

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l story April! So happy that all of this is falling into place for you all. Isn't God just amazing? Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love what God is doing in your family!!! HE really is orchestrating it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Thanks for sharing! I do not believe in coincidences either and I know that God also made our paths cross in Ukraine, April! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!! God owns it all and He always had a plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) GOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete