Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Why does God make us wait?

Waiting sucks.  I know, I know....it builds character.  It allows us time to trust the Lord.  It helps us to grow spiritually.  Waiting on the Lord helps build our faith.  Waiting on the Lord helps grow our patience.

Psalm 27:14 (NIV) Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.


But it still sucks.  And yes, I started a sentence with the word "but".  Oh, I also started a sentence with the word "and".  I'm just being real here.  I want the Lord to build my character, grow me spiritually, build my faith and grow my patience.  I want to trust the Lord.  However, I would be lying if I said that I had it all together.  That I am completely trusting in the Lord.  That my faith is just oh so strong.  That I am being a good little girl, being so patient, waiting on the Lord.  I'd be a big fat l-i-a-r!  

However, my faith and my trust in the Lord is growing.  It is.  I am humbled every time I hear him speak to me and tell me to wait.  To just trust Him.  I am completely in awe when I feel that He is speaking directly to me.  So, I guess I'd also be a big fat liar, if I said my faith wasn't growing, that I wasn't trusting in the Lord and that I wasn't being patient.  However, it is not easy!!!  Some days I just feel like crying and crying and crying. When I think about those three children and what they were doing on December 25th, my heart breaks.  I can promise you that they were not opening gifts, singing praises to the Lord, eating a huge Turkey Dinner with all the fixins and reading the Christmas Story in the Bible.  And that makes my heart ache.  There are hundreds upon thousands of children in this world without a family to call their own.  Without a mom to give them a big hug and say, "I love you".  Without a dad to take them out for ice cream "just because".  We can't help all of them.  But we do have the heart to help.  So, we are waiting on the Lord.  Waiting to hear if all three even want to be adopted.  We know that Vlad (the 15 year old) does want a family and is ready!!!  Lidiya said she would have to think about it (not such a big surprise).  Now we are waiting to find out if Andre wants a family and if Lidiya has made her decision.  


So, thank you for your prayers and please take a moment to continue to pray for these three.  Also, please pray for us as we continue to wait.  I do not want to lose heart, lose faith and stop trusting in the Lord.  We believe that the Lord loves those children more than we ever could.  Our prayer right now is, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"  Mark 9:24



No comments:

Post a Comment