Monday, November 22, 2010

Another reason to bring Sasha home...

Danny and I were headed to Charlotte on Saturday for an all day training.  The training was to teach us more about the hosting program (like the 41 page training manual wasn't enough...lol) and hear from families who previously hosted.  It was actually a great training.

Anyhow, we decided to make a "date" out of it and on the way, we stopped in Burlington for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.  We had a bogo coupon!  I love my coupons!  So, we sit down for breakfast and our waitress brings us a newspaper to enjoy while we are waiting for our breakfast.  One of the first articles that catches my eye is this one:





Two very ridiculous comments were made in this article.  The first is when the leader of this group says, "Sometimes you need to show your breasts for ideological reasons".  Wow...really?  I am just amazed that showing your breasts really has anything to do with politics.  But then again, we don't live in Europe where women are objectified on a daily basis in all of their media.  The second comment that I found absolutely ridiculous is when the article states that the group campaigns against prostitution and discrimination of women.  Hmmmm.....campaigning against prostitution by showing your breasts?!?!  Is it just me or does anyone else find this ridiculous?  I know I keep using the word ridiculous but I'm trying to keep it clean!!  I am not saying what I actually feel.  But I do know that reading this article made me sick to my stomach.  I had righteous anger when I read this article and I don't feel bad for it at all!! 

Sasha is living in a country where women are objectified on a daily basis in their media and that is to be viewed as "normal", human trafficking is rampant and children are kicked out of orphanages at the tender age of 16 to fend for themselves.  Most of those children turn to prostitution or crime in order to survive.  So, ya know what?  We are going to fight for this little boy.

I just downloaded the adoption application and there are 3 things that "disqualify" us to adopt!!  THREE!!  But you know what?  I don't care.  I'll say it again in case you didn't catch that...I DON'T CARE!!!  The ONLY thing that is going to stop us from getting Sasha is the Almighty One Himself!!!  I said it once, I'll say it again and I may just say it 100 more times before Sasha comes home for good:

For nothing is impossible with God.  Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment