Saturday, November 27, 2010

Two weeks and Two days

Sasha will be here in two weeks and two days!  That comes to a total of 14 days.  I would count down to the hour and minute, except that I don't know when his plane will be arriving.  We are so ready for him!  When Sasha arrives, he will arrive with the clothes on his back, so we are needing to send him back with a suitcase full of clothes and shoes.  So far, we already have a winter coat for him (thanks Nikki Esquivel!) and a few bags of boys clothes (thanks Catherine Tutor and Karen Barlow!)  We are not sure what size he is so we are trying to get clothing in all sizes from 7-12 so that we can make sure we have something for him to wear and take back with him.  If you would like to help, please let me know.  Whatever Sasha doesn't take back, I will be happy to return. 

As far as proceeding with adoption, we are getting ready to fill out "part 1" of the application and send it in.  This will determine if we "qualify".  Technically, on three different levels, we are disqualified.  However, we are working through those and hope that it will not hinder the process at all.  The Lord knows that anything that we can offer him is better than anything he is getting now.  And considering we are a part of the body of Christ, we will never be without.

1 Corinthians 12:27  Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Please continue to pray for us and for this little boy on the other side of the world.  I pray that he is open to our family, that he allows us to love him and that he wants to be a part of our family.  But I also pray that if that is not the Lord's Will, then He will find a family for Sasha. 

December 13th can't get here quick enough.  I am excited but I am just waiting patiently and asking the Lord to teach me what he wants to teach me while I wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how your visit goes :)

    ReplyDelete