Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Defend the Poor and the Fatherless...

My friend Thea sent this video to me and wow - it sure does speak right to my heart.  It makes me realize all the more why The Lord has placed such a strong burden on my heart for Sasha.  And why The Lord is opening the doors for us....wide open!  Click here to watch the video.    It is worth all 7 minutes of your time.  Then, those that are wondering why in the world we are doing what we are doing when we clearly can not afford it may get a small glimpse into why. 

Psalm 82:3  Defend the Poor and the Fatherless 

That is exactly what we are to do.  Because when we help the poor, we are helping Jesus.  When we clothe the poor, we are clothing Jesus.  When we feed the poor, we feed Jesus.  He clearly stated:

In as much as you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto Me.  Matthew 25:40

It can't get anymore powerful than that.  Can I get an Amen?

1 comment:

  1. April, what a heartbreaking day! Will you still be pursuing adoption? Any other news? Still praying that something miraculous will happen...

    ReplyDelete