Monday, December 06, 2010

Sasha Arrives One Week from Today!!

Sasha's plane arrives at Charlotte International Airport at 7:33pm on Monday, December 13th!!!  We are so very excited, it seems like just yesterday when I was at our women's retreat talking to Nicole about the Hosting Program and here it is 6 weeks later and we will have a little boy arrive in just one week. 

My biggest prayer right now is not that we can communicate with him, not that we will have enough clothes for him, not that we will find fun things to do while he is here, not that he sleeps well, not that he enjoys the foods that I make, etc, etc.  My biggest prayer is that he allows us to love him!!!  Of course, all those other things will be nice but in the great scheme of things, the most important thing, above all other is love.  So, I just hope that he can allow us to love him. 

1 Corinthians 13:13  And now these three remain:  Faith, Hope and Love.  But the greatest of these is love. 

Of course, that is a Bible verse that everyone knows but when you look at what that truly means, it is breathtaking, especially if you read the entire chapter!  "Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres" (v. 7).  So, encompassed in all that love is protection, trust, hope and perseverance!  Oh and this one is amazing, too:  "If I give all I possess to the poor....but do not have love, I gain nothing" (v. 3).  Wow....in other words everything we do is in vain, if we don't have love.  Yikes!  There are many more examples such as that within chapter 13.  The point I am trying to make is that what this tells me is that we just need to make sure we love Sasha.  In return, I hope that he can allow us to love him.  I keep saying that because there is a chance that he won't allow us to love him.  He could be withdrawn, scared or even worse, have Reactive Attachment Disorder.  So, please pray for us and pray for Sasha....a little orphan boy who will have a family loving on him for 5 weeks and possibly more, if that is the Lord's Will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment